Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Welcome to my new Microscopy Blog

Digital photos taken with the Digital Blue QX3+ Digital Microscope

I'm still new at this so please bear with the quality for now. I'm working to improve it.

Here's the first few images from my QX3+. By the way, if you want to buy one and you're running Windows XP, be sure to get the XP upgrade from Intel's website here.

Now on with the first photos! Click to enlarge.



Shred of paper from a cigarette with logo at 60x



Leaf from a quince tree at 60x



Machined finger grip on a miniature brass screwdriver at 60x



Burnt match head at 200x



Orange peel (inside) at 200x



2004 Penny at 200x



1989 Quarter (obverse)



Dried Tobacco at 200x



Dried Mucous (eew- who knew boogers were that dirty?) at 60x



Immature cannabis seed (don't tell the feds) at 200x






ADDED BY POPULAR DEMAND - Two cannabis leaf at 60 and 200x

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cannabis pics!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAH weed

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

neat idea - i like!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great site! Keep it going. I came to this via the boingboing link.

I am a 56 year old who still loves to play with toys. I saw one of these QX3's on a special sale at MicroCenter here in Dallas for about $40. I thought it looked like a great toy, but I forgot about it when I checked out. I kick myself now.

Is there a good site to purchase these on the internet?

BTW, I loved the cannabis pics. I can remember examining leaf and thinking I could see that much detail ... but it must have just been good smoke!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Andy@norcan.org said...

Ohh are those glandular tricomes i can see? Sweet cannabis pictures.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Great site! Keep the pics coming!

Lost Tulsa

8:56 AM  
Blogger Daniel J. Geduld said...

"Is there a good site to purchase these on the internet?"

I got this one from eBay which is always a risk, but I thought that it was worth the risk for such a low price.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this could be fun...do you take requests? I'd like to see a series on different metals, and different hairs(human, animal, etc.)or even different crushed rocks. Very interesting

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!

have you tried making red/green stereo images...

1) take a picture and make it red.
2) move the slide a fraction to the left or right
3) make a 2nd picture and make it green
4) merge the layers and put on red/green glasses

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Smoke said...

Drugs are just bad, you should try to use Herbal Alternatives as a temporary replacement to loose the dependance!

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Guitar Master said...

I wish I could blog as good as you, but what I can do is give you a nice Guitar Lesson!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home