Tuesday, January 10, 2006

An embarassed plea (plus pics!)

I want to thank everyone here for coming and viewing my site and making all your terrific comments. You have no idea how happy they make me to see and how wonderful it is to know that there are so many other people who enjoy what I am doing.

But I want to do so much more for all of you. There are so many other things, smaller things, more detailed things, that I wish I could show you. I can't because of the limitations of the QX3 microscope. Now, eventually no matter what I plan to get myself a really good professional digital microscope. Something like this. Unfortunately, right now I am unemployed and I have been for quite a while so that is not going to be in the cards any time in the forseeable future. I bought the QX3 with money given to me as a present which the giver insisted I only use on something frivolous, so I bought the one thing I always wanted and never got because I couldn't justify the price... and maybe I'm just shiftless but now that I have it, I'm not satisfied. I want to do better.

So this is what I am asking of you... and please know before I say it that this is a request, not a demand. This is a free blog and it will remain free and even if none of you do this, I will keep giving you new and interesting pictures every day for as long as I can. I will still take your requests and don't worry, I won't think any less of you.

Think of this blog as sort of a microscopic museum. Like all museums, there is an option to give a donation if you feel it was something that was worthy of your money. With your donations, I pledge to spend the money solely on a new microscope, whether it turns out to be a $100 slight upgrade to a QX5 or a $1200 full upgrade to a microscope like the one I linked to above. Of course, it will all depend on how much money I get from this.

So, if you do want to give, please click the paypal link and send me something- it doesn't have to be much, even a dollar is better than nothing- but do not feel obligated to do so and do not think I expect it of any of you. Thank you all again for coming to my blog and sharing my love of the microscopic with me.







Now, finally as a present for reading this, here are a few pictures I haven't put up yet-


A business card at 200x



Kitty Litter at 200x



Printed Circuit Board from a RAM DIMM (512 MB) at 60x



These lips could not tell a lie- George Washington on a 1998 Quarter at 60x



As discussed in the comments, a bloodworm carcass- bloodworms are mosquito larvae. This one has been freeze-dried as fish food.


Let me know what you think about having a mystery image up each day which I would reveal the next day. I think that might be fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ike said...

Wonderful blog........... I got this link from a friend's blog and I'm very duly impressed - I think you are doing wonderfully. You should do a wound piano string or similarly wound string... Also, gunpowder would be interesting. Just a thought :D

8:46 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

I think a mystery object would be awesome, I think you should go ahead and do it!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home